This week I made quite some progress with my game. I did the voice acting, which has been challenging enough on its own, I drew more illustrations for the cutscenes, and I did the introductory scene for the game, the menus (UI), and the sounds for all interactions and minigames.

Voice acting


This week I had two important meetings with lecturers: the first one was with Camille (and the class), where I got to show what I have been working on. Thanks to her positive feedback I was able to understand what I have done right and what I need to do…


This week, I continued the Development of the game. I have spent most of the time fixing bugs, which consumed quite a bunch of my available time. However, I still managed to finish the Living Room, do the Smoking minigame, and do the Bedroom. …


This week I started the Development phase (for good!) and I made quite a lot of progress. Unfortunately, due to the time constraints and the fact that I was not given an extension (as of today), I had to re-arrange the things I wanted to do and prioritize some features…


This week, I have completed the game’s Narrative by almost finishing the Script with the game’s full narrated moments (story) and the Flowcharts, I have started and finished the Experience section, I have created all Sound Design Plans for all interactions and mini-games, I have made the game’s Immersion plan…


This week, I have finished my Inspiration research, where I researched games and media that covered depression or other mental illnesses. Additionally, I also came up with a marketing strategy for the game. …


This week, I focused heavily on the research parts of my project. I have made the Conceptual Research section, some good progress on Aesthetic Research, and broken new ground for the Technical Research section. …


Halfway through my second week into the FMP, I decided I wanted to change the whole concept for my game. I did not feel passionate about the topic I was researching or the game concept itself, so I decided to change it to something I felt more interested in. …


This is the first week of my Final Major Project’s design and development processes. I will show you some of the material I have produced and some of the research I made during the week. …


This is my last entry on the blog about my VR project. Its title is “The Future of the Arctic” and I will show you the latest images of how it turned out at the end of the development process. Note that the project itself is a vertical slice of what was designed previously, so do not be surprised if you do not see any content from the “Bad Arctic” scene as it was not developed.

Vitor Cardoso

MA Games Design student at the University for the Creative Arts | BSc (Hons) Games Development at Buckinghamshire New University (First Class)

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store